Tuesday 5 June 2018

Return of the Prodigal Blogger

Hi!!

So my experimental attempt at blogging in early 2017 hit a little roadbump... which is to say that my head just wasn't in it. I had a lot of physical, medical and mental things going on.. which means I got the timing all wrong!

What has changed you ask? Well, last year I was learning a lot about myself as we all do at various points in our lives and I realised that I needed to make some changes to make my life happier.

Nothing major.. just small things.. the most important of which was booking some of my time for me... not always easy when I have lazy bones like I sometimes have... so I put myself out there and joined a local Zumba Class. A huge thank you to my friend Natalie for virtually holding my hand to get me there in the first place. You'd never believe how reclusive I was becoming before I walked into that class.

I went with my head full of excuses and a whole heap of nerves.. and left aching.. not only from the exercise, but from laughing so hard at being backwards and behind... but loving the freedom of not caring!

I loved it so much that after a month I started going twice a week... and I love it even more now. Our Instructor Miriama is so full of smiles and energy that you can't help but give it your all 😁

I even participated in a 2.5 hour long Zumbathon in October, which was amazing!


In November I did something else that I have always wanted to do... and went on a 2 hour horseback ride in Red Rock Canyon (near Las Vegas)

My horse, Gustavo, was lovely.. he and I had to figure each other out a little, but once we learned to trust each other, it was a wonderful experience!


The location was beautiful and really helped me with my fear of falling! Gus is an awesome, surefooted horse and I am so grateful as I will remember it the rest of my days.

The last (but definitely not least) thing is of course crafting! Now I know all crafters lose mojo every now and again but mine seriously nosedived. 

Luckily, I have some great crafty friends and I was able to resume my beloved Inky Workshops hosted by the very talented Pauline and enjoyed some great inky play dates with Debbie and Lynda. I also had a lovely day with one of the neighbourhood kiddos when I borrowed her for the day to play with shaving foam, inks, stencils and pastes. We had a jolly good time, which to be honest, is what crafting should be all about 😍

I also enjoyed some crafty retail therapy at Newbury craft show, Ally Pally, and Create it (Kent). My poor craft pig has never been so empty!

I will be highlighting some of my makes in my next post... a recap of 2018.

So for now,

Sumbunneh hugs x

Erika

6 comments:

  1. So glad to see you've picked up your blog again. Can't wait to see your updates x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is good to see you blogging again. You have been very busy. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back, Erika! Finding ourself is often a very bumpy journey indeed. Bless you for recognizing what you needed to do to insure your happiness. So proud of you! Lovely view. Hugs Kelly

    ReplyDelete