Tuesday 5 June 2018

A catchup on Crafty 2018 :)

Hi, me again! 

2 blog posts in one day... how amazing am I! 

Well, actually I have a lot of catching up to do, and I wanted to give everyone the option of skipping through all of the background leading me back to blogging.

Although I've not been blogging, I have been creating... so let's take a little journey through my top 10 makes of 2018 (So far).

1. Community Spirit

I created this mdf circle during an art day at our local YMCA. They asked for volunteers to paint a circle to be put up as a montage in their reception area. We had to use kiddies acrylic paints... which I have to admit... aren't my forte. However, I had a good play and made my background grungy with baby wipes..  and then relived my 80s love of bubble letters! 


Quite a few people turned out and our circles, along with some painted by students at local schools, have now been mounted. I see my circle every Wednesday night when I go to Zumba.

I will post a photo of the montage next week (I will get a photo tomorrow night).

2. Birthdays Calendar 

I coloured this mdf birthdays sign using Sharpies. The smaller lettering is in a beautiful chrome pen and the glittery touch on the bigger letters is from applying Gellitex.


I've started adding the hearts with the dates on.. but it is taking me a long time with the little silver links.. but I will finish it soon.


3. Body Shop Cards

My friend Charli started a venture with Body Shop at Home and hosted a Body Shop evening at her hair salon. She asked me to bring along a selection of cards.. and I quickly knocked up some shaving foam, ink, stencils and paste cards for her. This was a "whilst drying" photo. The tree at the top left sold before I even got to the party (work friend saw it and bought it!).


4. February Inky Workshop with Pauline and the Inky Crew

Loved learning how to make these beautiful cards and spending time with the Inky Crew :) 

If you click the link above you can look at what everyone else made too.


5. Snow Day Play Day ATC Challenge

In March Debbie, Lynda and I were all set for an Inky Workshop... but unfortunately we got snowed in. As we couldn't get out to play, Pauline set us a challenge to make ATCs using 3 colours, 2 stencils and a stamp.

I really enjoyed it!


6. A play day with Rebecca 

Rebecca is one of my neighbours and is a very crafty 11 year old. Her parents asked if she could hang out with me for the day when they were off for a brewery tour, so of course I introduced her to shaving foam and ink. Most of the photo below were made by her.. and I now know that every one of my spray inks has been used! I also introduced her to stencils and paste.. she went home buzzed with ideas.. and I learned a lot from her too.

Next time I will teach her heat embossing!


7. April Inky Workshop with Pauline and the Inky Crew 

My first time playing with alcohol inks, yupo paper and making a clock! So much fun and if you click the link above you can look at what everyone else made too!


8. Inspired by Eileen Godwin

Visible Image and MISTI hosted a blog hop and I loved seeing what everyone had made... but when I saw Eileen's blog, I fell in love with her makes.. and had to try some of my own. I gave these away as raffle prizes for Zumba's first birthday party.

Link above will take you to Eileen's original blog post.



9. Jess' Birthday Card

I made this for one of the lovely ladies I work with. She reminds me of vibrant colours and being Australian, I really wanted to make something with a native Australian feel. She loved it! I love it.

10. Adam and Gemma's Wedding card

I worked with Adam for many years before he left to join another company.. but we kept in touch, and when I found out he was getting married, I just had to make this for him and his beautiful bride Gemma.


 A special finale - Pulled Inky String Art!

I have been seeing videos posted on Facebook and wondered if I could recreate it. It was so much fun and quite addictive once you get the hang of it! Most of the ones in the photo were made with 2 strings pulled at the same time.


That's all for tonight!

Sumbunneh hugs x

Erika

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Lynda... each very different but special :)

      Delete
  2. Wonderful creations, well done starting the blog :-) X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karen :)
      I started to blog a while back but hit a roadbump so took a (very long) break. It's nice to get back to writing again :)

      Delete
  3. Great start Erika! Welcome to Blogland!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Erika all your makes are stunning. Like I said you have been very busy. Well doing on getting going again. I hope we get to meet up again sometime. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so too.. unfortunately I can't make Newbury show in July... but may be Ally Pally in September... if not before x
      Take care *hugs* x

      Delete
  5. Hi Erika, Fantastic projects. Sue

    ReplyDelete