Tuesday 15 January 2019

WOYWW - photography

Hi all,

Sorry for missing out last week, I was battling a chest infection and it took all my energy to breathe between coughs. Luckily I had a doctor who actually listened to me and didn't just decide it was a "virus".

Antibiotics have now kicked in, and I am feeling a lot brighter.

For those of you who don't know what WOYWW is, it's a weekly chance to link up with other crafty bloggers via the lovely Julia at The Stamping Ground. We share a photo (or more) of our workspaces in all their glory.. and well..  you get the idea...

My desk looks like this:

My desk as at 9pm Tuesday night.. the photography mode
For those who craft and like to share their makes, it is often trial and error to get a good photograph of their artwork, and I was truly struggling getting good quality photos.

Then I discovered that the card on the bottom of my messy mats (they were desk calendars at work a few years ago that we had a huge surplus of.. so I took home as many as I could carry!) are a lovely white colour and are quite big.. so with one upright and one on my desk, they make a good "photobooth" for my cards. The other stuff on my desk ranges in tools and offcuts from two cards I can't share this week as they aren't where they need to be yet.

So, to show a little artwork, here are two things I made last week using up backgrounds I'd made months ago. It's always a happy day when I  can use up existing things :)

Paint pouring background on canvas with some heat embossing and some stamped images using starlight paints. The Dragonfly has microbeads under it (dream catcher but hard to see in the photo)
              Shaving foam and ink background with heat embossing card
I will share the cards I made Tuesday night with you next week.
Lastly, Jasper's turn to be the cat of the week.. fast asleep on my bunny hoodie... he loves it.

 Jasper is a cutie too!
Sumbunneh hugs x 

Erika 

18 comments:

  1. Hi Erika, like the way you've put together your photography booth. Love the cards too. Meow to Jasper and happy WOYWW. Sarah #2

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's a great idea for your photography booth! love the artwork too. Helen #5

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our Molly-cat loves curling up on our clothes :D
    I can never get a good photo, I must try this!
    Happy WOYWW :)
    Claire, no. 3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your visit this morning. You have been busy. I love the effects you get from shaving foam, soft and gentle. xx Maggie #1 or #7

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Erika your cards are gorgeous both of them. I am pleased you are feeling better. I think my husband has the same thing he is on antibiotics now. He is working from home today. It is a nasty infection. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Erika, great photo booth indeed, being in Oz I’m blessed with loads of natural light and iuse my courtyard most tiem fo day as photo spot, when I can’t use it I really struggle! Especially love the shaving foam card, always been going to try that!
    Happy WOYWW,
    Shaz in Oz.x #11

    {Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}
    {Wonderful Words Of Life - Shaz in Oz}

    ReplyDelete
  7. PS I’m on antibiotics too, leg infection and cold hope you continue to improve.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's amazing how we can achieve something cool out of cardboard and that photo booth is brilliant! It does make such a difference to photographs. Your cards are great, love the paint poured background!
    Hugs LLJ 12 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Erika, great idea for the photo's. I have a couple of sheets of mountboard I do that with if I can't get a decent pic.Love the projects, both utterly gorgeous. Hope you carry on getting better, Dougs, got a stinker of a cold, so far I've avoided catching it, as that didn't go so well last time I did. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #6 X

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the make shift photo booth, very clever and inventive. Those projects are stunning. So glad that your chest infection is responding to appropriate treatment. Thanks for sharing. Have a lovely week. Love and God Bless, Caro xx (#19)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Like your cards must have a go at shaving foam such a long time since I used it. Love the cat snuggled up on your bunny hoody. Ani 24

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Erika, what a good idea for a photo booth, I have a problem with the sun being too bright in here!!
    Love the cards you've made, I love to use my old BG's, not very often it happens but it's still pleasing, I've always wanted to try with shaving foam but never got around to it, like a lot of things.
    Happy WOYWW, pleased to hear you are feeling a little better
    Jan S no 28

    ReplyDelete
  13. Photobooth's reign - I know just where I am going to have mine ..... when the craft room is back!!
    Love your idea.
    Great cards.
    Have a good week
    Christine #25

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Erika, I make up a similar photo booth on my sewing machine table when I want to take photos. Mostly I use two sheets of 12x12 white cardstock but sometimes I ring the changes with a sheet of heavyweight patterned paper. I also shine a daylight lamp on to this set up - it helps iron out any shadows and in a country where daylight can be grey and dim the lamp is a godsend. Your cards are beautiful and it is nice to be able to use up pretty backgrounds. Have a great week. Elizabeth x #26

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the dragonflies - I think your shaving foam background is beautiful - the pattern is so clear and well defined. Love the photobooth idea - I use sheets of A1 paper but they are hard to manage and I have to replace them quite regularly - perhaps it's time to re-think my set-up!
    Have a great week,
    Diana x #18

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the inky techniques and your gorgeous kitty. Have a lovely creative week and a happy woyww, Angela x10x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Really glad you’re feeling better Erika, that was a rough ride. Jasper loves your fleece because it’s you, but permanently sitting still for him! Like you, love using something that’s been around a while, especially as successfully as these cards use the backgrounds.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Jasper is definitely a cutie! The dragonfly cards are great, especially the shaving cream one - it brings the dragonflies to life! Have a great week, Lindart #31

    ReplyDelete