Thursday, 12 January 2017

Chattys - How much Stuff?

Tonight was the first session of Chatty Crafters for 2017.

We are an adult only bring your own craft club which runs on Thursday nights from 7.30pm to 9.30pm at my local community centre. Member numbers always dwindle this time of year... and with the threat of snow... tonight we were just 3 people. We tend to average 6... and have been as many as 15. I really hope our numbers start picking up again.. it's way more fun when we are busy.. but it was still lovely to catch up with fellow Crafters.

I had two ideas on my mind for tonight:
1. Finish Blue Kindness card
2. Start another card I want to make for end January.

I packed up everything I thought I would need for both of these ideas...

Two tables of stuff!!

I brought what I needed for the blue kindness card.. a black card blank, blue topper, punched letters, little tiny gems, glitter glue, glue of the gems, handmade by stamp, inks, company stamp,bunny punch.. etc etc.

The heat gun, embossing powder, distress crayons, baby wipes, and other bits n bobs you can't see were for the other idea.. but so much chatting happened (we'd not had a session in 4 weeks... so much catching up to do) that I only managed to finish the first card... so I carried all that stuff up (and more out of sight) only to not use it lol. I need to learn to pack lighter!!

I covered most of the card I finished before taking the photo as it hasn't been sent off yet.

I can't wait to show you what it looks like :)

4 comments:

  1. Hi Erika I hope you had a good time. I can't wait to see the card you've made. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the craft club... just hope it picks up in numbers as if we can't pay the room rental, it will have to close... just have to wait and see if attendance improves with weather :)

      Card is now in the post... the lady's birthday is end January so I will share it after that date :) xx

      Delete
  2. Hi Erika, sorry running late with my WOYWW returns (again). The idea of the craft club sounds brilliant, I have been going to one once a week for about 7 years-the husbands call us The Coven!!!!

    Thanks for visiting my desk already
    Kyla #28

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've run Chattys for about 3 or 4 years now... but numbers always dwindle in winter... I need to do some advertising on local groups to get our numbers up again :)

      Have a great week x

      Delete